on Choose Positive Living with Sara Troy and her guests Gina Gardiner and Dr Marilyn Joyce, on air from November 19th
STRESS CAN KILL ANY JOY ON ANY FESTIVE SEASON, SO HOW DO WE COPE WITH IT DURING THESE FESTIVE EVENTS?
JOIN SARA, GINA, AND MARILYN HERE FOR A DEEP LOOK AT HANDLING STRESS.
|Podvine||Radio Public.||FM Player|
Gina Gardener Say’s…
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, Chinese New Year – whatever the family celebration. Is it a season of peace and goodwill to all men or a time of all-out war of attrition with the partner, stepchildren and/or the Mother-In-Law?
Do you look forward to family holidays, or are you of the “humbug” persuasion?
So many people I speak to dread dealing with all the pressures created through the run-up and preparation of getting things ‘perfect’, surviving the day and dealing with the aftermath of the reality of having everyone together over the festive season.
The holidays become a pressure cooker of old disappointments caused by a year on year failure of the festive season living up to the fairy tale ideal of playing happy families with the husband or wife, the children, in-laws, the step children…. worrying about presents, feeding everyone and what Uncle Fred will do when he’s drunk too much eggnog.
In ‘Detrigger Your Festive Stress’ we’ll be sharing with you practical approaches and techniques to help manage your family get-togethers with greater confidence and calm.
If you think it is going to be terrible – then it likely will be terrible. Be open to the possibility that with a different approach, you can have a very different experience – one you enjoy!!
Dr Marilyn Joyce
The Stress To Success Formula
All we need over the holiday season is 5 minutes 5 times a day to nip that holiday anxiety, stress, and even depression, in the bud.
So, here’s a quick look at The Stress to Success Formula: T.R.A.N.S.F.O.R.M.™ Your Life, Career and Business
T – Talk It Out (Talk Therapies)
R – Rest, Relax, & Rejuvenate (take time out to breath and be still)
A – Attitude of Gratitude
N – Nutrition Excellence Daily
S – Social Connections / Social Network
F – Follow Your Heart
O – Offer a Helping Hand of Service and Support
R – Rejoice in Your Successes / Reconnect to God/Spirit/Creator/Source (i.e. The God of your understanding)
M – Mindfulness Meditation – Observe Your Thoughts, Words, Actions and Feelings
5 Quick Tips To Transform the Holiday Season into a Joyful Experience
- Turn off your devices when at family gatherings and holiday events…and talk person to person in real-time. Try it for 30 minutes to start, and build up from there. (It gets easier with practice I promise. LOL)
- When the strain of too much activity or a cantankerous friend or family member gets to be too much, take a quick walk around the block, in the local park, or along the beach.
- When feeling overwhelmed by a lack of funds and/or time for everything you want to have or do, take 5 minutes, sit down and write (in your gratitude journal) 5 things you’re grateful for in your life right now.
- Holiday shopping and an overwhelming schedule taking its toll? Change your state! Get off your seat and on your feet and grab a glass of water. Hydration is crucial to keeping your brain alert, aware and thinking clearly, especially after a few too many festive eggnogs, or holiday treats!
- Throughout the season (and the coming year) take 5 often. Set the timer on your phone for 5 minutes, put on some relaxing music, put your feet up and do some slow, deep, rhythmic, abdominal breathing. Breathe in and out to a slow count of 4.
Sara Troy, host/owner of Self Discovery Media Network, says stress being a mind-body heart and soul destroyer needs a new perspective. When we choose to see things differently we do not get so stressed about it.
All of our shows/interviews are done by donation, if you enjoyed this show please support us here with either a one-time donation or subscribe and support on Patreon.